- For the first day of school, parents are allowed to walk their child directly to their classroom beginning at 7:30 am.
- After the first few days of school, you will say goodbye to your child at their entrance door. You will need to sign in at the front office if you need to go inside the building.
- Students should arrive no later than 7:50 am. Your child will be considered tardy at 7:51 am and will need to enter through the front office.
- Expect your child to be tired for the first few weeks of school as they transition to their new routine. Be ready with a hug and healthy snack to greet them at the end of their school day.
- Kindergarteners dismiss at the doors on the south side of the building facing Lowell Ln. along with 1st grade.
- There is no drive thru line for pick up, you must park and get out. Parking can be found on Lowell Ln. You may not use residential driveways.
- Your child will remain next to their teacher until they see you. Students will let their teacher know you are there through giving a high five, hug, etc.
- If your child is going home with someone other than you, please call the front office or send a note to your child’s teacher.
- If your child is sick, a handwritten note needs to be delivered to the office within three days of your child returning to school.
- If you are taking a vacation or missing school, notify the teacher as soon as possible. You will need to deliver a handwritten note to the office within three days of your child’s return. Please note that these will be unexcused absences.
- Make sure your child wears tennis shoes on PE days.
- A change of clothes to keep in your child’s locker might still be a great precaution as they get used to the kinder routine.
- Kids can keep a light jacket in their backpack in the event of a cold classroom. Make sure it is labeled with your child’s first and last name.
- Lunch can be brought to school or bought in the cafeteria.
- To buy lunch: Visit https://paypams.com to set up an account for your child. They will receive a PIN number to use when purchasing lunch.
- If you want to visit for lunch, you will need to complete a background check through RISD. You need to sign in at the front office and you can eat at the visitor’s tables in the center of the cafeteria. Your child may choose one friend to join you.
- We do not allow lunch visitors during STAAR testing.
- School supply lists can be found here. School supplies are dropped off at Meet the Teacher before school begins and will be organized by the teacher.
Back Pack suggestions
- Water bottle
- Light jacket or sweater
- Lunch box
- Change of clothes to store in locker
- Make sure you are part of the PTA website, and Facebook group. Info found at northrichpta.com
- Thursday folders: Sent home with school flyers and other important information. Sign and return on Fridays.